- The elimination or reduction of wait times for reports and dashboards to render
- Reduced data refresh time windows
- Reduction or re-allocation of IT resource usage
Even with columnar data storage, compression, in-memory and distributed query processing technologies it’s still very possible to build a slow or poorly performing MSBI solution. To ensure business users aren’t waiting for reports and dashboards to return results, a careful analysis is required of multiple elements of the solution including the hardware infrastructure, the dimensional model, and of course the query and processing code.
A significant component of our work is to help clients build high performance solutions that maximize their resources and will remain performant as their workloads change and expand. Additionally, we also provide performance monitoring solutions that deliver clear visibility into key metrics indicating performance problems or bottlenecks.
- Identification and remediation of top performance and scalability bottlenecks
- Analysis and design recommendations of BI infrastructure specs, dimensional data models, and query and retrieval code
- End-to-end Power BI-based performance monitoring solutions providing broad visibility to core MSBI assets
- Data-driven alerts and email notification of performance and/or resource utilization issues