- Elimination of slow reports and dashboards
- Reduction or re-allocation of IT resource usage
- Transparency to workload resource requirements relative to resources
- Efficient and effective support of BI solutions
It’s right, but is it fast?
Even with all the advances in columnar data storage, compression, in-memory and distributed query processing technologies it’s still very possible to build a slow or poorly performing BI solution. To ensure business users aren’t waiting for reports and dashboards to return results, a careful analysis is required of multiple elements of the solution – infrastructure, data model, queries. Additionally, BI/IT organizations need clear visibility to the different thresholds and drivers of poor performance to allocate resources accordingly.
A significant component of our work is to help our clients build high performance solutions that maximize their resources. We also develop custom performance monitoring solutions that provide easy visibility to key metrics indicating performance problems or bottlenecks.
- Analysis and tuning of top or most critical report queries
- Analysis and design recommendations of data models (SSAS Tabular and Power BI) to improve performance
- Data-driven alerts of performance issues
- Custom performance monitoring dashboard solutions of memory, CPU, IO and other metrics deployed to on premises SSRS and Power BI
- Design and implement Extended Event trace sessions for SSAS Tabular