- Scalable, secure, and sustainable solutions that reflect organizational priorities and the strengths of the Microsoft data platform
- Deep insights on the short and longer term implications of alternative solutions designs and approaches
- Reduced cost and maintenance/support of your BI platform
There are often several methods available for delivering a particular BI solution – our team shares the implications for each option and our recommendation backed by significant research and years of real-world experience. The design of high impact, resilient BI solutions that balance the competing priorities of our clients is a core service we provide.
Examples of our work:
- The design of Power BI dataset(s) or Analysis Services Tabular models to support the visualization layer of self-service and enterprise BI reporting and analysis.
- Design of an optimized BI layer of database objects in Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL Database, or SQL Server
- Recommended modifications and guidance on analytical models to be implemented with Analysis Services and Power BI to improve performance, reduce resource usage, improve usability, etc.
- Power BI report and dashboard architectures and content distribution plans including Power BI app navigation and shared datasets
- Custom and dynamic security designs for both model data and metadata (e.g. row-level security and object-level security)
- Design of processing (refresh) methodology and supporting tools such as PowerShell, Azure Automation, the Tabular Model Scripting Language (TMSL), SQL Server Agent, and more.