- Scalable, secure, and sustainable BI solutions that reflect your organization’s priorities with the strengths of the Microsoft data platform
- Clarity on the trade-offs of alternative architectures and approaches to support an informed BI design decision
- Reduced IT management/maintenance and administration costs
Solution design involves the logical and technical methodologies and architectures applied to a specific solution. Quality design makes a solution resilient to external changes, scalable to meet increased workloads, extensible to support future additions, and limits the cost and complexity of maintenance and support. A poor design can often technically satisfy the immediate requirements of a solution but will ultimately fail to deliver sustained value for both business teams and the BI/IT organizations that administer these solutions.
Given the long term value of solution design, in many scenarios a client may only engage our team for solution design guidance and choose to develop and implement the solution design internally or through a separate third party.
- Logical and physical diagrams of Analysis Services Tabular models to be developed including supporting implementation guidance
- Guidance on data connectivity options including DirectQuery, Import, and Composite or hybrid data models
- Deep analysis of existing BI Solutions including SSAS Tabular, Azure Analysis Services, and Power BI Data datasests
- Designs for implementing custom security requirements and custom functionalities
- Design of processing (refresh) methodology and supporting tools such as PowerShell and Tabular Model Scripting Language